Friday, May 20, 2011

Don’t be deceived by Smartbro

I write for people who think of getting smartbro service. There is no point to write for those who have been victims because there is no way you can get out from them.

The connection is not slow, there is none. Oh wait there is – gprs! It can’t even open my gmail account. After asking them to terminate the connection and refund, wireless center representative is rude enough to explain to me that I am under contract with them. I just though I am under contract for service, I never thought the contract is to trap me and pay regardless of no service connection.

What happens to their claim:

“Extensive Nationwide Coverage
With SMART and PLDT’s combined extensive digital fiber-optic backbone infrastructure and nationwidest Base Transceiver Station (BTS) coverage, SMART BRO Enterprise Edition can be deployed in over 200 cities and municipalities and can even serve the remotest regions of the country.” - http://smart.com.ph/corporate/solutions/mobile/BroEnterprise.htm

This is my story:

I got my Smart broadband February last year, 2010. I was able to use it in cebu when I was designated in the area for work, when I came back here in Luzon, my problem stared to multiply.

There is no connection. I tried to call their customer service several times just to promise me they would report my concern. Finally after 6 months of paying without connection, I landed to one customer service representative who is honest enough to tell me that they can never give me fast connection. I stopped paying.

Two months more waiting and I have decided to go to Smart wireless centre. I tried my best to speak to the representative in the best manner I can but she is in high pitch. I just thought I am a customer not a criminal. And by the way, I just thought I am paying her salary!

This is funny, she told me that I can hardly connect because I am using windows7. Okay, are we in 2006? They could have told me before that Smart bro works well with abacus!

Seriously, when I was in Cebu I was using the same laptop as today – Windows7 operated! FYI: I have another one operating under Windows XP, nothing happened.

I think there is no way I could make this deal work so what I did was to let her sign a paper that testify that I came in the wireless center to notify them about my lack of connection. And just a tip, whenever you go to smart broadband wireless center or talk to customer service representative, ask their full names. I should have recorded all the conversations. Stupid me!
Wondering why I gave the tip? Because they told me I only called them trice, oh come on.. And what boiled my blood was when she told me I called last December but I reported that there is no problem. Okay, would I call them to say, “ hey customer service, I called because I have no problem with my connection. It is just my hobby to call *1888”. The representative could have come up with better excuse; Smart bro employs schooled people right?

Two days after, I received a call from technical support trying to get me connection. I cooperated like idiot and as expected, they were not able to trouble shoot. I was for the nth time asked to wait for their call.

A week or two passed, I received at least 4 customer representative calls asking me to pay my bill. I paid them 6 months without connection and Smart Bro is brave enough charge me still.
The last time I received a call was yesterday, asking me to pay – again. To my surprise, he said I have never filed anything regarding my disconnection concern.

O-K-A-Y!

Note: In case you are thinking, am I so stupid for paying 6 more months without connection? I am too busy. And yes, I am stupid enough for thinking Smart Broadband is a company big enough not to grant refund.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Please allow us to extend our assistance. You may send your Smartbro number and exact location via customercare@smart.com.ph, http://www.facebook.com/SMARTCares or thru direct message from your Twitter account so we can properly assist you. Feel free to update us anytime. Thanks.

    Interactive Social Media Services
    Smart Communications, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. Smart is pretty fast right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this feedback. You are 100% correct! Smart Bro is NOT what it claims it is. The service is terrible and bad ! The nationwide tag line is not true, signal is super bad in most areas! The poor consumers are being duped and robbed. I hope many people get to know about this so no one will be deceived anymore. The NEW Power Plug-it is useless! Those who will buy it are just throwing away their precious hard-earned money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nakakainis na nagpost pa ang smart dito sa post mo. Kung gusto nila na ayusin tagala yan, ayusin nila serbisyo nila o kaya iayos nila lahat ng issue ng mga nagrereklamo, makakasama ka na dun. Gusto lang nila ayusin to kasi makakasira sa kanila pero pag magisa ka nagpunta dun sa service center nila ang rude nila!

    ReplyDelete